3.16.2003

I just saw Tears of the Sun. It was ok. I admire soldiers, and I like seeing them in combat situations. So the movie had some entertainment value for me.

Though there's probably more than one thing that should've bothered me about the movie, the thing that irked me the most is that the makers had to pick a hot chick with a sexy foreign accent to play Dr. Lena Kendricks. They had her in a super low tank top and a shirt that is only held together by one button throughout the entire movie. And whenever she ran, they had her bending over gratuitously so that her boobs were bouncing like balls about to bust right out of her tank.

Not that I don't normally appreciate that kinda thing. It's just, this is a fucking war movie... with heavy artillery, blood, sweat, guts, dirt, death, fear, rape, torture, and women with their breasts cut off by barbaric rebels. In the midst of it all, they feel compelled to throw in a couple round, lily-white, bouncing tits for your viewing pleasure. Just in case you weren't already enjoying the violence. Surely not to offer a momentary break from the seriousness of the plot and setting... I mean, give me a break! (But not that kind.)