3.14.2003

I get a lot.

I've known that I get a lot, that I am lucky. I didn't come to this conclusion by comparing myself with others. There are a lot of people who get more than I do, perhaps because they're better off monetarily. There are probably even more who get less than I do, even though they're better off monetarily. If I compared myself to these people, I probably would not think that I get a lot, but that I get just enough.

What makes me think I get a lot is that I get a lot more than I expect to get. In the last few years of my life, I've gotten so much that I've wanted, that I didn't think I could or would ever have. Chances are high that I will get what I want somehow, some way, someday.

Maybe I don't really want much.

Charmed life? Hardly... I'm doing my best not to believe that the supernatural is involved in my well-being. Though I get a lot, can I and will I still complain? Sure!