3.09.2003

I hadn't been to SF MOMA until yesterday. I'm not a huge fan of modern art, but I'd already been surprised when I visited the MOMA in NYC. I was actually intrigued by a lot more than I'd expected. My experience yesterday was similarly pleasant. I think it helped to read the little write-ups about the artists. Doesn't seem like there are very many artists that don't live unusual and interesting lives...

The one consistent thing that impressed me about most of the artworks that grabbed my attention is the artists' brilliant choice and use of combinations of colors. I wasn't impressed much by the plain white urinal on display on the third floor (it was clean), or the plain white rocks arranged in a circle in the middle of the floor, or the three plain white canvases painted, well, white. Hm... I guess I really need colors.