3.07.2003

I think that one of the biggest downfalls of women is that they never ever stop competing with each other, even when there are no men around to impress or to take home as a trophies. They are firecely catty unto the death!

I've been watching Survivor: The Amazon... and I couldn't help noticing that, although the all-woman team's main competitor is the all-guy team at this stage in the game, they're even more competitive within themselves in ways that the guys aren't and to their own detriment. You don't see the guys so jealous and comparing their bodies with the other guys' bodies, or fighting over trivial things while there are greater battles to be fought and more important issues at hand.

In the absence of women, guys seem to bond together tightly. It's like, women are guys' biggest downfall... but take the women away, and men become mentally, emotionally, physically, spiritually strong creatures... the gods of Earth they have the potential to become. Check them out during war situations... They get close, like brothers. They encourage each other. They take physical pain for each other. The "take one for the team" mentality is prevalent.

Would you see the same behavior among women? I think not. I can imagine a group of women in a combat, even on the front lines... but I can't see a woman risking her life to save another woman's life, or dying for another one. Not even when the whole country is counting on her and the rest of her team. I can hear her secretly hoping, "I hope the cute, skinny one dies first"... or thinking "Save her? Pfffff! I'm better than she is! I'm saving only one ass, and it's my own." ...or even "If I'm going down, the pretty bitch goes down with me!"

So sad...