3.03.2003

I agree... that it's good to question everything. Including established authority. And, in my opinion, blind faith is at best hopeful ignorance, especially when it comes to God and religion and the existence and permanence of my soul...

It's not that I have blind faith in the government to make the best decision about war. It's that I'm readily willing to admit that I don't know enough (I know next to nothing) about this war to argue that I know better than the decision-makers, and I'm not silly enough to think that by disagreeing with them, puny little citizen that I am can somehow change the situation. I'm sure there are enough people in power, who know a helluva lot more about the situation, trying to do just that.

I just hate when, for some people it's "let's talk about the war" over lunch or as a pass-the-time conversation piece these days, and then they proceed to talk out of their asses... thinking they're arguing an enlightened opinion while simply regurgitating what media has said or written. That pisses me off.