2.28.2003

I feel a little bit sick right now. I feel uneasy mentally, and I have slight sinking feeling in my gut. I just got invited to church by two coworkers.

I carpooled to and from lunch. When I first walked over to the car, I noticed that the driver had a Bible on the backseat shelf, visible from the back window. He also had a cross hanging from his rearview mirror. Even though I'm not a Christian, recognition of these things and what they mean and represent usually bring me a warm feeling on the inside. I found it odd for a person if Indian origin to be Christian or Catholic. On the drive back, a Christian praise and worship CD was playing. The woman in the front seat turned around to ask me if I currently have a faith or system of beliefs. I ended up telling the two of them about my upbringing and my current stance on Christianity.

So that's how I got invited to church.

And quite frankly, I'm afraid of where all of this is going.

I'm not going to go to church. Not for awhile. I'm not ready to yet...