10.07.2005

To clarify what I said earlier, what I want is to reconcile how old I am with how old I act and how old I feel. The numbers should all be equal. Equal to 30.

Last night, I watched a Bravo show titled "Great Things about Being 30". There were 20 silly and slightly amusing things. But since I have virtually no short-term memory anymore, I can't remember them well enough to provide a commentary on them.

One thing that I can almost remember... supposedly, people in their 30s are more likely to gravitate towards families and family-like interactions and atmospheres among their friends and their friend's families, because they desperately don't want to be alone or to die alone. "Clutching at straws"... was how this behavior for some people was described.

Apt. I like the imagery of that phrase, too. I can just picture in my mind, Babe and I clawing desperately at thin, feeble strands of dry, dead and faded grass, with disappointment and horror on our faces as, one by one, they each snap and leave us with handfuls of chaff, falling fast through our fingers like grains of sand...