8.17.2005

I was shocked today when I received an email from my friend, who was to have gotten married this coming December, and I was to be a bridesmaid at her wedding. "The wedding is off." No reasons stated. No postponement mentioned. I'm not sure what to make of this...

Just yesterday, we were making plans to see a seamstress this weekend about the bridesmaid dresses. You'd think that if I was a good enough friend to be asked to be one of her bridesmaids, I would have been able to pick up on signs that something might be going awry before today... and I wouldn't have been so surprised when I heard the news.

Maybe I did sense it, but I didn't ask the right questions when I had the chance. I didn't leave my comfort zone to ask enough questions... that damned problem that I have!

I replied to my friend's email, saying please let me know if there is anything I can do to help her during this time. That is assuming that she is not totally happy and satisfied with her decision to not have the wedding in December. I'm not sure what else to do. Should I ask what happened? I don't feel close enough anymore. I don't feel deserving of the answers.