10.17.2005

Damnit.

I pulled my left quadriceps tonight. I've never done that before. It hurts like CRAZY.

Damnit.

I knew I should not have agreed to be in a softball league with my friends. The truth is, I joined just to help them fulfill their three female quota for the team. I thought I'd get hit in the face with a softball before I injured any muscles.

I hadn't played softball very many times before joining the league. The only softball game I really remember playing when I was young happened when I was in seventh grade. We were segregated by gender in our PE classes. I was at bat, and I swung hard. I line drove that ball straight into the pitcher's face. She wore glasses, and they broke. She hated me forever thereafter, and I've had a fear of softballs flying into my face thereafter (but not forever).

I'm finally getting over that now, and was starting to get a feel for the game. But I think I'll have to sit out of games for a month now. And this was just the second game.

Damnit.