8.18.2004

Folks. I gotta tell ya... I AM ITCHY.

I hate bugs, and they love me. They love to bite me, suck my blood, have their way with my flesh... They're not biting me here at work. And everywhere else that I am, Babe is too. But Babe boasts no bug bites.

I got two big bug bites over the weekend while white water rafting and camping at Upper Cache Creek.

I've gotten a bunch of small bug bites in the last few weeks. They probably feast on me while I'm sleeping at night. Every morning, I find a new bite. They didn't just bite my abs and arms... they had the audacity to bite my right boob and my left butt cheek as well! Have they no shame??

These bugs are incessant. They are relentless. They are undeterred by unrequited love.

You think I'm being a baby... aggravated by such measly things as bug bites. Well, it's not as bad that I'm being bitten a lot, as it is that I'm being singled out for bittening. The buggers are picking on me!

But I did have a good time at Upper Cache Creek. I recommend the 2-day trip offered by White Water Adventures. I've been on class 4+ white water that wasn't as enjoyable as the class 3 white water at Cache Creek. Self-guided rafting is much better than rafting with a boring guide who fails to be funny and entertaining while ordering you around for five hours. The non-luxury camping - no showers or flush toilets - was fun, even though two days is not long enough to get used to the horseshit smell of the outhouses. I kinda liked being sticky and having really nappy hair and smelly pits for two days. We were fed some huge potatoes. And we got to dance to loud music among the trees, in the canyon, under the stars and with disco lights and a smoke machine and the glowing bands they handed out to everyone. That was a bit bizarre, but a cool experience nonetheless.

You didn't think I'd ever blog again, did you? I'm really not sure why I blog when I do, or don't blog when I don't. I will when I will. And I will. I know it's important to record my goings-on somewhere...