5.14.2004

Work life. A term that's currently not much unlike "endless eternity".

Work life has improved, thanks to the new iPod I got it for my birthday from Babe. The sound on my work laptop crapped out a couple of months ago, cutting me off from internet radio and a small collection of mp3s. And my pitiful collection of borrowed other people's CDs provides no respite.

On top of that, I've been continuously somber for over a month due to the utter futility of life. Life is good. But it doesn't get much better than this. It just gets different. I think I've seen, if not also experienced, the extent of how good it gets. Why plod on through the ultimate exercise in futility? Jaded to the max, and on the verge of flatlining...

Enter the iPod. It's given me a heartbeat. It is my new, little, white & silver, 15G heart. Without it, I might very well perish.

There are moments when I realize that the music is more real than reality. It is deeper, cooler, lovelier, and bigger than the life I live. I could lose my way in it. It provides a realm where I could dwell for hours and days. And when I take out the earbuds, it's over. Back to my dead reality...