5.25.2004

Today I went to a job fair. I hadn't been to one in a seriously long time.

I own no suits, no business slacks, no business skirts, no business heels, no pantyhose... So over the weekend, I searched hard and long for appropriate clothes to wear to the fair. I didn't find much that I liked, and I looked silly in what I tried on. I finally found a few pieces... a white collared shirt, a black skirt, a pair of pointy-toe high heels, and some tan hose. After buying them, I felt ready to go out there and get a new job...

In the morning, I put it all on in. Then I took it all off. I just didn't feel right in the clothes and shoes. They didn't make me feel more professional or more deserving of a job. I felt and looked like a poser. I just couldn't to go out looking like that. So instead, I wore a pair of black pants that I've had for about 5 years, a semi-casual top, and my comfortable black shoes.

The job fair was a bit of a disappointment. Only 10 booths, and only one company that interested me. I'm probably going to return the clothes and shoes. But I'll keep the hose. I'd forgotten how fun they are.

What's my point? What's the moral to this story? Nothing, really. I just wanted to say something, anything...

I've always held the opinion that not every movie has to have a plot to be good.