5.17.2004

More work stuff... I'm supposed to find out tomorrow or Wednesday what is going to happen to the program and group at Sun that I work within, and subsequently, what is going to happen to my position. Whatever happens, I'm aiming to get out of this position and into a brand new career within a year, or obtain stable position that will hold me over until I figure out what I want to do with my my life.

I have less idea what I want to do with my life than I did coming out of college, with all the options that were at my feet then. I'm not sure what my current potential is (though I imagine it's been decreasing by the year), but I'm sure that I'm not living up to it. Hell, I'm hardly living...

The current plan is to try to get into sales, preferrably pharmaceutical/biotech/health-care-related sales. The old interest in biology, health-care, and drugs persists. And I'd like to finally put my college degree to use. I don't currently have any experience in sales. I'm not even sure I have the right personality to be a successful sales rep. But I figure sales skills could keep me employed for the rest of my life, and I'd be foolish not to give it a try.

So I suppose now I will plunge into the task of setting myself up for an entry-level sales rep position. It's been a very long time since I devoted myself to the pursuit of anything challenging. It's been an even longer time since I've wanted anything enough to put so much effort into.

But it's not a matter of want anymore. It's matter of need. I NEED to do make something out of my life. ASAP.