3.19.2003

One day, psycho-ex called and said, "If you leave me, I'll kill myself." He was in tears.

What fucking irony... that I had to hear such a similar yet opposite threat years later. With these guys (they even share the same first name), leaving them was a "damned if I do, damned if I don't" type of situation.

Psycho-ex said he was up at Grizzly Peak. He was actually on a pay phone at LHS. It dawned on me that there really weren't any cliffs from which he could plunge to his death in any of the areas there that were accessible by car. But I didn't call his bluff. I called the cops on him. He was very angry at me for doing that. The cops picked him up and dropped him off at the psychiatric ward at Herrick Hospital. I didn't go see him there in less than 24 hours afterwards. He was very angry at me for that too.

I didn't leave psycho-ex until he took himself away from me. That was fucked-up foolish love. That was more love than I'd ever given myself up until then. That's how and when I learned...