8.19.2004

For the past week, my roommate, Genie, and I been interviewing people from Craigslist for the room that is available at our apartment. Amanda's moving out. I'm sad to see her go. She's the best roommate I've ever found on Craigslist. Before I met her, I didn't know that there are a ton of Scandinavian people living in certain parts of Minnesota.

Though the stress from needing to find a cool new roommate ASAP isn't fun, it's fun meeting a variety of people that I would normally not have a chance to interact with. I enjoy show-and-tell-ing the room, and hearing people's sales pitches about themselves. All but one of people that have seen the room definitely want to move in. None of those really stand out above the others. But I'm hoping to make a decision about who moves in tomorrow.

The thing is, my roommate and I seem to like and prefer to live with totally different types of people. The people who are somewhat interesting, but who I'd rather not live with, she seems to really take too. And the people that I think would make reliable, drama-free, hassle-free, albeit a bit boring roommates, she doesn't care for at all. I mean, I'm looking for a good roommate above a new friend.

Today we had a girl and her girlfriend come by. They were intriguing. I hardly ever get to see genuine lesbians in the flesh. They're Asian, and the one that would move in has a medium-sized dog. If she moved in, I would have the opportunity to live with a lesbian as well as a dog. Sounds like a learning experience, if nothing else. But she is the one person who saw the room that wasn't sure she wanted to take it.

So, as of right now, Genie and I don't really have an agreed-upon first, second or third choice for the roommate position...