3.22.2004

On Friday night, we went to the Maria Ann Hsiao Memorial Foundation's benefit dinner and auction. I have only one dress to wear, and it's not black. But I think I was alright showing up in rose and coffee chiffon. A few people said they like the dress, hopefully not with undetected disapproval or sarcasm.

I really like what the foundation is setting out to accomplish: "This Art foundation will foster artistic creativity among the youth in our community. Our hope is to touch lives and inspire artists by funding art programs, scholarships, and developing public awareness of the arts." I hope they achieve the level of success they hope to obtain.

I saw a lot of faces at the dinner that I hadn't seen in over 10 years. It was eerie. I didn't feel a desire to talk to any of the people that belonged to those familiar faces. It was enough just to see them, and see how they've changed or not changed. Aside from carrying around a few more pounds, most of them hadn't changed at all, which was the eerie part... and which, in retrospect, isn't surprising, since most of them are Chinese Christians.

Seeing how they've not changed made me feel even better about having changed as much as I have.