12.05.2003

I was half-awake early this morning when I heard Babe mumble two words. "Moving away."

He talks in his sleep occasionally... maybe frequently, but I'm just not always awake to hear him. This time, I tried to wake him up to tell him he's talking, and ask him what he's dreaming about. I thought he was awake when he responded with, "Ohhhh..." And when I asked him, "What are you dreaming about?," he just said, "Huhhh?" He didn't sound completely awake. I asked him, "Are you dreaming about moving away? Is someone moving away?" And he said, "Nooo..."

I asked him about it just now, and he doesn't remember any dreams from last night. He remembers me trying to tell him something, but he thought I was telling him about a bad dream.

I wonder what was on his mind when he said "moving away." Is what he says in his sleep always related to his conscious thoughts and feelings? Did it have anything to do with reality? Had he been thinking about moving away? Had he been thinking about someone who's moved away or is about to move away? Can people utter things while sleeping that are totally unrelated to what they're dreaming? Was he even dreaming?

Do you ever worry about what your significant other is dreaming?