4.10.2003

More often than not, I'd prefer to know what I'm missing.

Why opt for ignorance?

Especially, if I could know how good it gets, why not know? While knowing, there will still be room for pleasant surprise.

I believe it's in my best interests to know exactly what it is that I don't have and haven't experienced. The more I know about the things I don't have and haven't experienced, the better able I'd be to make an educated decision regarding whether I really want those things and whether to pursue them.

Even in the cases that I could never have or never experience something, I'd still like to know enough about it to be able to reason out for myself why I really don't need it. I'd like to know all of my options as well as my non-options.

Tell me, what may I have missed, so far, in this life?