4.07.2003

It used to be that it was more comfortable hanging out with the single people... 'cuz they weren't always gazing into their significant other's eyes, whispering into each other's ears, holding each other's hands and touching each other all over, acting too grown-up sometimes or acting like babies... as if none of the rest of us were there.

Coupled people just weren't very accessible, and that took away a lot from my relationships with them... back then.

Now, the tides have changed. It's much less comfortable hanging out with the single people... 'cuz you know they all have the same thing on their minds... finding a special someone to hold them, to fuck them, to understand them, to love them, to give them meaning... someone.

Hang out with those single people, and I pick up on their pain, their loneliness and emptiness, their frustration and worry, etc. They make me feel bad. I feel worse for them than I feel for myself.

I wish I could help them, but I can't. I mean, really... what can I do? I can't even tell them "oh, you'll find someone someday," because that isn't going to be true for everyone. Some people will never find someone. Some of those people may be some of my friends.

Sometimes it's such a damn burden being an empath...