6.20.2003

Last night I dreamed that it was my wedding day, and I was supposed to marry a guy named Ronald or Roland, or something like that. He was white and thin with dark hair. Before I walked down the aisle, I was in a room with my mom, dad and brother. I was having the jitters about marrying the guy. For some reason, I was marrying him though I didn't know him that well. I'd only seen him a couple of times. I wasn't in love with him. This was all too soon. I wasn't ready. I kept on finding something to fix, like something on my dress or my shoes. My dress was heavy and hideous. I was stalling. My family was stressing me out, trying to get me to hurry up 'cuz everyone was waiting. I cried, and my eye makeup was ruined. Too much time had passed, and I had to walk down then or never. So I walked out of the building. I stood him up.

The reason this dream stood out is that I don't recall ever having dreamt about being a bride until last night.