5.27.2003

Memorial Day Weekend

Fri nite. We watched Barton Fink on DVD. I'd seen it before. Great characters, just like in the The Big Lebowski. The Barton Fink/Fargo soundtrack is good too.

Saturday. We headed up to Berkeley for brunch at Top Dog and Fat Slice. We checked out a couple stores on Bancroft and Telegraph for sweatshirts and t-shirts, but didn't see anything we liked enough to buy. Shattuck Avenue seems to be turning into more of a downtown street than it was when I lived there. The whole East Bay still looks and seems dead and out of business compared to the rest of the Bay Area. The "massage studio" under my old apartment complex on Shattuck and Haste is still there; a lot of the other stores in the vicinity have changed. No matter how much that happens within Berkeley, it's is still same ol' Berkeley. And I still feel as if I've left a bit of my heart in Berkeley. But if I could live in Berkeley in my own studio or 1bdrm apt completely rent-free, would I? Probably not. No. Living in CV with my parents would be rent-free too. In both cases, the losses and emotional costs wouldn't be worth the free rent.

We watched Matrix Reloaded, again, at the newer theater in Emeryville (an AMC? The popcorn was better than it usually is at Century theatres.) French dude ("Merovingian") in the movie looks like Jennifer Garner. His lips, his eyes... He was arrogant and perverse, and rather hot. Played-up French accents are quite sexy. French dude was bad and hot and sexy all at once.

There's those kinds of people that you meet... and you really don't like them that much, don't like how they think, don't like how they live their lives, don't like their methods, their ways, their idiosyncrasies. You don't like them, and YET, your body does. And there is an uneasy, unrelenting, undeniable, sexual chemistry. It's crazy, but what can you do about it...

Back on the Peninsula, I got my key for the new place, bought an el cheapo blue rug from Home Depot, and moved. Then around 9pm, we got a #6 from Taco Bell for dinner.

Sunday. We took BART to the A's game. Went hella early (well, around 10am; the game started at 1pm) to stand in line for a Zito bobblehead. Didn't get one. We were about 200 people away from the turnstyles when they ran out at our gate (gate B?). Cotton candy and Gordon Biersch garlic fries and a Gordon Biersch big dog nearly made up for the disappointment. We left the game early (around the 8th inning?) 'cuz it looked like the A's were gonna lose. Turns out they won, I think. (I need to make a conscious effort to remember details better...)

With the rest of the day and nite, I bought a bed at Matress Discounters, had dinner at Baja Fresh, and played some poker.

Monday. At noon, we went down to Mountain View for a BBQ. One of the guys made some really tasty kalbi, and his gf made some really tasty sauce for the corn. We were out in the sun for at least seven hours. I didn't bring a swimsuit 'cuz I didn't think anyone else was actually going to swim, and I don't have a swimsuit that chlorine didn't badly fade and burn holes through last summer. I need to get a new swimsuit soon so I can start creating racy bikini tan lines.

We watched Monsters Inc. at our friends' place afterwards. I must've been in a bad mood the first time I saw it 'cuz I enjoyed it much more the second time. I really like when guys like these kinds of movies and find them cute and touching. The movie made me think about babies... and sex. I couldn't wait to go home and get it on. I'd been waiting all week to get off the rag so I could have sex.

Maybe it's 'cuz it's finally summer, and the weather is very warm and balmy, just the way I like it, that I've been feeling very prurient lately. Like, constantly. And if what they say is correct for all women, I'm not even close to my sexual peak yet!