5.25.2003

I moved out of the place in Foster City last nite. It took about two hours to move just about everything to the new place in San Mateo. I set up my new room tonite. Now everything's in place but the bed. I'll be picking the bed up from the store on Friday.

I bought a new queen-size bed today. Felt sick afterwards. I haven't spent so much on a single purchase in a long, long time... maybe ever.

Moving is always an emotional experience for me. I feel anxious. I feel both bad and good to have moved to a new place. I am worried about new expectations from new roommates. I am worried about negative changes I'm unprepared for. I'm looking forward to positive changes that I know are going to happen.

Mainly, I'm afraid of making decisions, especially those involving a lot of money, based on what I hope for the future... and regretting those decisions on the future, when things are not as I hoped.

I am being too sensitive right now. I need hugs. I need kisses. I need signs of affection. I need to feel I have a home. I want this new place to feel more like my home than the last three places I've lived in the last four years.