5.21.2003

Oh, I saw Matrix Reloaded on Monday nite.

Something I immediately noticed is there's relatively a high percentage of African American and Asian characters in the movie, along with white people of varying nationalities, in more key roles than they usually have in the majority of movies. That in itself isn't strange. What seems strange is the complete absence of Hispanic/Latino characters. I don't remember seeing a single Hispanic/Latino person in the whole movie. Come to think of it, I don't remember seeing any in the first movie either. Do you? Where/when?

What's up with that? Were Hispanic/Latino characters/actors purposely left out of these two movies? Could it have just been an oversight? A pretty huge one, if so, I'd say... Or maybe they've all been saved for the 3rd movie? For some reason, I doubt that.