12.11.2002

I hate asking people for help. I absolutely HATE IT.

I love to help. I try to volunteer my help whenever I can identify situations in which I can be of use (but not be used). I don't imagine I have that much that other people could use. I feel important and worthy when I can help someone in some way, with what little I have, what little I know...

I used to be easily taken advantage of... I'm not so much anymore, so don't even try...

But I hate asking other people for help. I do it when I'm desperate, or if I feel close enough to the person to not feel embarrassed about my needs, or if the person already owes me in some way... Asking for help is a big blow to my pride. Another unpleasant side-effect is that it often reminds me of how selfish and spoiled and unsympathetic other people are...