12.06.2002

JD helped me pick up the twinsize today using his truck. JD's always willing to help me out. We help each other out now and then with this and that... And we never count pennies.

JD is one of the most interesting people I've ever met.

I met him early in 2000, during my second position at Sun. He and a couple other guys in his small production company were doing the AV for a 3-day event my department had organized. He was drunk on martinis every night... and came to work fiercely reeking of alcohol and emanating mass quantities of pheromones. I met him at a time when he didn't care if he lived or died (a fact I didn't know until at least a year later).

He almost fled the country half a year later... was gonna start up a new life in Costa Rica running a small paragliding outfit. I visited him up in Tahoe a month or so before he decided not to become a fugitive, and he took me 4x4-ing in his truck. I'd never done that before, and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

I offered to pay JD for his help today, but he turned me down... like he always does. "Do you know how much I earned this week? I earned 10k, just this week. I'll be earning 45k this month by the end of it. I don't need your money. Keep your money!"

These days, JD stays afloat by extorting criminals through this business. (That's him in the picture of the Ferrari at the bottom of the page.) He met his current business partner while doing work furlough last year... Not sure how long his latest stint will last... He's always up to something new.

There's never a dull conversation with JD. Lately, he loves to talk about the amateur sex videos he made with his "nympho" girlfriend, whose real name is Svetlana.

The thing I like the most about JD is that he always has a smile on his face, a certain spring to his gait, and radiates cheerfulness and positivity no matter what kinda trouble he was in or how close to it he gets. His attitude inspires me... not to become some sort of criminal or take big risks, but to always look for the brightest side of negative situations, to be generous, to be carefree but not careless, and to never give up on life... no matter how shitty the outlook.