9.19.2002

You females know, women's clothing is so f'n expensive. Even the tiniest piece, the thong, costs on average $9. And that's for a plain one, w/ no sexy frills. The older you are, the more expensive the clothes that are supposed to be appropriate for your age. I can't keep up with the prices of many things appropriate for my age. I'll probably be wearing Juniors' clothing for the next 10 years...

But I realized today that I'm finally kinda fine with that. I hadn't been so fine with that until lately. I've stopped paying as much attention to what other women wear or how well-put-together they are on the outside; the simply splendidly goodlooking have stopped catching my eye the way they used to.

I've started looking out more for signs of individuality, how comfortable one appears to be in his/her own skin, how grounded & real he/she is...at the outset. Not that I used to be a Shallow Hal. I still look just to look, but looks don't draw me closer or bias me as much anymore.