9.18.2002

Ripped Fuel with MaHuang (aka. Ephedra). I'm publicly quitting using it today.

I first used it in college. It gave me the extra energy I needed to keep up my cardio & weight workouts four times a week, TaeKwonDo classes twice a week, and badminton three times a week. Yeah, I was an insane RSF junkie. I got high off the sweating and the competition, enhanced at least two-fold by the Ripped Fuel.

I stopped using Ripped Fuel within a year after first starting. The week after I stopped, I had the most horrible migraine headaches ever. MaHuang, like speed, is addicting, and coming down off of regular use of it is painful. I didn't pick it up again until relatively recently...

Why do I want to quit now?

Most of you can take it with no problems, and should consider taking it if you're looking for a performance boost or leaning out quickly while maintaining/building musclemass. Hell, I'd recommend you try it out and see what it can do for you.

But it's not for me. I'm too susceptible to becoming addicted to or dependent on substances that have the type of effect Ripped Fuel (and e) has on me. The recommended daily dosage is about 4 pills. I've never used more than one a day, no more than 4 times a week. Still, just the one pill in the mornings before I run hypes me up until at least mid-afternoon. I'm unnaturally happy and alert. Days I don't use it, I feel significantly more tired, slow, and sad... and I crave the feeling of floating through my workouts and through the day on it's wings.

So I'm throwing the bottle out now. I don't need it.

For the record, I never used it during Tuesday night rollerhockey games. All that was my own pure & natural, unadulterated energy. (Jen-ergy? :P )