8.30.2002

This week, with the end of summer coming quickly, seemingly coinciding with the end of this month, and through a series of epiphanic conversations and tidbits read here and there, somewhat abruptly closing another chapter of my life, and experiencing the flushing of all thoughts and feelings associated with the sudden departure of a preoccupation I had for several months... I've arrived at a level of (what seems to be an almost vapid) clarity.

And I am finally feeling what it means to be single-Jennie at this time and place, after all that's led up to this point.

Yes, I finally feel truly and absolutely single. Single the way I think other single people feel single...

Back again, after a long hiatus, is the desire to drive fast, the tendency to brood and to write, less emphasis on the shallow and physical and more on the deep and mental, that very old yet familiar awareness of my alone-ness, the proverbial "void" due to the absence of that special kind of love... etc.

I walk into this weekend and into the rest of the year with a sigh, looking for nothing, hoping for something, expecting anything...