12.22.2003

Communication has always been far short of par between my parents and between them and us, their children. Basically, it was all just a bunch of Bible and Christianity speak. And still is.

I still don't know what my dad's doing with his money, and how much, if anything, he's put aside for retirement... or if/when he plans to retire. That is important information to me. I just read an email from mom today about laser surgery she had on her eyes last week. Last week! And the email was not just addressed to me, but also my brother, and mom's siblings. I had called her on Friday to see how things were going, and she didn't mention the surgery at that time. That is important information to me as well.

And what is a relationship without good communciation? A frustrated, insufficient, unfulfilling love obligation... or something like that.

I know if communication is to change between me and my parents, I must be the one to facilitate it. My parents act as if they're too old to care about changing for the better. Got this far being who they are; might as well die as they are. Oh, who am I kidding... I can't change them one bit. So I shall leave them be and carry on loving them as ever.