5.06.2003

I watched last Sunday's episode of Alias two nites ago, and watched the season finale last nite. I think Sydney should've blown off fake Francie's head. And Vaughn sold out, so I hope they bring in a new mouth-watering hunk to have the hots for Sydney next season. I'm amazed at the way the story-writers keep the show going, and going so well. Now what am I going to look forward to watching on Sunday nites? Ah, Netflix will provide...

I also watched Waking Life on DVD last nite. The rotoscoping was quite distracting. I'm guessing that was intentional. A side-effect is that if you find the subject matter within the movie interesting at all, you'll be compelled to watch the movie again to catch what you missed.

I missed a lot. Each person that the dreamer in the movie encountered was presenting intellectual yet theoretical ideas about reality and dreams, but I couldn't follow a lot of their brisk, wordy dialog because I was quite occupied trying to keep up with the constantly jiggling and changing visuals. Everything was moving too quickly for much to sink in. When I was able to get what was being said, a quarter of it was thought-provoking, and the rest of was something you and I might ourselves come up with if we were hella bored one day and decided to come up with our own theories about reality and dreams...

I'd give the movie a few points for originality, which may not really be deserved. I just haven't seen any other completely rotoscoped movies.