5.06.2003

Meant to post this sometime prior to today...

Friday nite. We ate dinner at New Bamboo in PA. The samosa there is so good. If I could, I would have some right now, and I would have some later too...

We checked out the Mac store afterwards, since they were having an event centered around the new iPod. He bought himself a black iPod t-shirt for 10bux. He's so cute in that nerdy sort of way that I really like.

We watched Bottle Rocket on DVD. The deadpan humor fell pretty dead on me. I felt as if I was supposed to get more out of the movie, but didn't. The two main characters were somewhat endearing, and I really hoped they would remain misguided but happy through the end of the movie. And they did. It wasn't a bad movie... just an easily forgettable one.

Saturday. We went up to the city to watch Ghosts of the Abyss. Seeing the ocean deep through a 3D movie on an IMAX screen is enough of the underwater experience for me. I shiver at the thought of actually being even a few feet under. Underwater life creeps me out. There is so much life per square inch, and it all looks so alien. Soft and slimy, gelatinous, spiny, poisonous, luminous, with rows of sharp teeth and cold blood... I imagine millions of microbes would penetrate my skin and orifices to make their new homes within my warm interior. I've never scuba-dived to this day, don't really want to, and wouldn't spend the lot of money to try it out unless I run out of other new and possibly thrilling adventures to spend on. But I'd rather scuba-dive than sky-dive.

We shopped around Union Square for shoes. This is the nth time I've attempted to find and buy some casual shoes. I ended up buying these 'cuz I was so sick of looking, and my feet were in pain.

I went back to my place around 6pm to pick up my workout clothes. My roommates were still at home getting ready to go out to dinner for one of my roommate's bday. I didn't want to be asked why I wasn't going to the dinner, so I snuck into my room and hid out until they left. By then it was too late to go to the gym before dinner. The things I give up to avoid confrontation... I can't wait to move into the new place.

We headed down to a friend's place after dinner for game nite. We were told to be there at 8. Everyone else showed up after 10. We played Taboo, Cranium, and Mafia. I wanted mix in some poker games, but tried not to be too obvious about that. Now I'm conscious of sounding over-eager to play all the time... like, now I'm an addict, or becoming one.

My friend had this Dyna-Flex thing that we couldn't put down. Once you get it going, you have to fight the motion to get it to go faster. The faster it goes, the more resistance you feel. It moves your forearms muscles in a way that burns and pleases at the same time. I'd get one for myself if it was only 5bux.

Sunday. We caught a matinee showing of X2 down at the Great Mall. The popcorn was a letdown (dry and not enough butter), but the movie was better than I expected it to be. Big part of why is that the mutants were such eye-candy. Storm, Jean, Mystique, Asian-woman-with-claws (didn't catch her name), Wolverine... *melt* Normally, I don't enjoy watching Halle Berry on-screen, but she was yummy in her long white hair in the movie. Famke Janssen was so exotic that it hurt to see her character die. I thought it was kinda interesting how Mystique chose to look like Rebecca Romijn-Stamos when she needed to look like a hot woman.

My brother messaged me sometime after 4:30pm over phone about his birthday dinner being at 5. Thanks for letting me know in advance. My family always seems to think I should be ready at their beck and call. I rushed back home from Milpitas and then over to Castro Valley. I hate rushing. Our family had dinner at the family's old longtime favorite Italian restaurant, Bancheros.

Josh is 26 now. I want to give him bday gift that would get him out of the house, at least temporarily, and expose him to more of the real world... with hopes that he will like what he sees and be slowly drawn out into it more and more. I'm thinking, two tickets to a show in SF for him and his gf might work.