4.17.2003

I usually wake up before the alarm clock goes off. I don't get up the first time because he isn't ready to get up. I hit snooze about 4 times over a 30-minute period of time. I'm the one that has to hit it because I sleep on that side of the bed. Sometimes I don't like having that responsibility. I don't like getting out of my comfy positions because that makes it harder for me to get any sleep within the 30-mins. I always debate whether to just get up before him or just continue lying in bed relaxed and warm and gratified.

This morning, I got out of bed first because I needed to find out if his folding table would fit in my car before it was time for him to leave the house to catch the train. The table was a little bit heavier than I thought it would be. It hurt to hold it by the rims for long because the edges on the inside of the metal part that runs along the bottom sides of the table are sharp. The table fit in my car pretty easily. I knew it would. He'd doubted.

Back in the house, I got dressed and applied some blush and a little bit of eyeshadow because I knew I was going to be going to lunch with some friends at 11:30. I re-packed my overnight bag. I always feel as if I have too much to carry to and from his place. I always feel inconvenienced. I didn't have time to eat breakfast at the house, and grabbed a breakfast bar to eat at my place before we left.

I was glad to find my space in the garage at my place vacant. Sometimes one of my roommates parks in my space, but I let that slide. It's no big deal to me, and definitely not worth possibly starting an argument over, especially since I only have one and a half months left at the place. The first thing I brought up was the desk. I had to carry it up four flights of stairs. I got dust all over my clothes, and I sweated a little... which was ok because I didn't plan on wearing those clothes to lunch.

One of my roommates was home. I heard her talking on the phone when I passed the den. I wasn't sure if she saw me carrying up the table. She wasn't supposed to know I'd given the glass desk to my other roommate. I had inherited the desk from the guy who lived in my room before I moved in. My other roommate had emailed the other guy a couple months ago to find out if he could have the desk. He wanted to take the desk just to screw my other roommate over, who he doesn't like. Since I figured she saw me take the table up and would figure out I don't have the desk anymore, I emailed her about it to let her know what's up. She emailed back and said it's alright because she talked to the former roommate today and he'd said he told my roommate he could have the desk 'cuz he had a debt to pay back.

After I set up the table and finished re-organizing the stuff that had been on top and below the desk, I turned on the computer. I checked my work email first. I ate the breakfast bar. I also took my birth control pill an hour late, but that won't matter. After I took care of some personal email, I checked the final standings within the Fantasy NBA game I was in this season. My team was in 6th place (out of 12), with 59.5 points. Two teams were tied for 5th place with 60 points. I'm irked about that. I could've tied for 5th place if one of the other teams in the game hadn't robbed me of .5 point last week in the FG stat. I'd been in first place in FG until then.

Then I got a call from my roommate's sister, who recently bought a house and was wondering if I'd be interested in renting one of the bedrooms. I'd driven by the location yesterday, and emailed her about my interest in seeing the room. She told me the house is currently being renovated. I told her I could check it out around 7pm this Monday. My roommate had said the room is going for 750/mo. Once I take a look at the room, if it looks good I'll offer to pay $575, not including bills, or $600 for both the rent and all of the bills. I wouldn't pay more than that, since I have other cheaper options.

At 10:30, I didn't have any more work to do. I haven't washed the exterior since December of last year. The interior hasn't been vacuumed and dusted since last summer. I planned on getting both the inside and outside cleaned at Ducky's car wash in either San Mateo or San Carlos because I received a coupon in the mail for the service a couple months ago. I'd been waiting for some free time to go. I had free time today. I took out all the stuff in my trunk and put it off to the side in the garage. I used Yahoo maps to find out which location was closer. I was getting ready to head out to the San Mateo Ducky's when I glanced at the expiration date on the coupon. 4/15/03. Damnit. I was so looking forward to driving a clean car. I guess I'll wait until another coupon to comes in the mail. I put all my stuff back in my trunk.

My brother's girlfriend IMed me to talk for a bit. I wanted to keep the conversation short. I'm not sure I want to get in the middle of their affairs.

I found out from my friend that one of the people that was going have lunch with us couldn't make it, so we rescheduled lunch for 12:30. I wanted to head out of the house at least 20 minutes before lunch with my friends so that I could stop by Long's Drugs to pick up some toilet paper, turn in some 5- or 6-year-old negatives to make a few reprints, and submit a prescription for some lotion that I was prescribed to help fade the light scars left behind by my poison oak rash. I ended up going out wearing the same clothes I had on earlier, but I didn't neglect curling my eyelashes before I left. I left about 10 minutes later than I meant to. I tried to take a dump before I left the house but couldn't. I hadn't had enough for breakfast. I got the toilet paper at Long's, but didn't have time to submit the prescription.

I drove into downtown San Mateo. The apartments on the right side of 3rd street are nearly done. Construction always seems to be completed in much less time than I expect. I parked in the open lot next to the huge, new covered parking structure that was erected for the new movie theater. I was on time.

I had lunch with my friend and her boyfriend at Happy Cafe. I was super hungry by the time I got there. I ordered wonton noodle soup for myself. It was tasty but salty, and I made sure to drink a lot of tea. We talked about go-karting and cars. She is thinking of sell her 1-year-old Passat, and buying a used stick-shift.... something more like my Integra GS-R. We talked about his hair. It's jet-black, almost shoulder-length, and layered. He got it permed straight, and now people tell him he looks like one of the guys who's part of a famous group of four Taiwanese guys. The group rings a bell, and I mentioned that I think I may have seen them in a Karaoke video a year ago. I'm probably wrong. I always fail the fob test.

We talked about people we know. They work at Siebel, and I know a few other people who work there. The name of a guy who I met last Thursday while playing poker came up. When he'd taken off his sweater or jacket that night, BAM! Suddenly, there were his huge arms. They think he's good-looking, but I disagree. We laughed about one of their other co-workers who's been trying to get me to go out on a date with him. I'd seen him only twice in my life, over lunch with these two and some other people. He'd made no impression on me. My friend told me that I should send him a clear "I'm not interested" message. I almost sent him a 3-word email, but instead wrote him subtly hinting at a significant other in my life.

After lunch, the two headed over to pick up some pearl tea. I really wanted some, but I was somehow able to resist the urge. Driving home, I decided to try something new and blog about nearly everything I've done today so far.