2.21.2003

Remember when you were young and in relationships wracked by insecurity and melodramatic professions of love forever? And you and your boyfriend or girlfriend asked each other the lamest questions... questions that had no real good or right answer, but that you'd ask anyway, to test each other or to satisfy a morbid but genuine curiosity?

Questions such as... "Would you ever go out with him/her?" "If you weren't with me, would you be attracted to him/her?" "Is he/she cuter than I am?"

All those little white lies. You had to tell 'em, or all hell would break loose. "No, I could never go out with him." "He's totally not my type. He might look alright, but he's boring." "No, you're way cuter. He's got a small gut."

The lamest, most unfair question that an ex ever asked me was, "If your brother and I were both hanging on a ledge, about to plunge to our deaths, and you could save only one of us, which one of us would you save?" What the f*ck kind of question is that? I was really upset by it, especially since I couldn't answer it to his liking, and my failure to answer it caused yet another argument over something stupid... the fifth one that day.

F*cking psycho ex-boyfriends. Godd*mn young relationships. If you started dating late, in your 20s, you should probably be thankful you missed out on all this fun...