1.24.2003

Today, I'm meeting my brother's girlfriend, Aileen, for the first time over dinner.

I've never met any of Josh's girlfriends. There haven't been very many. He's lived most of the last 10 years at home and single. Completely opposite of me.

Josh has been going out with Aileen for almost a year. She hasn't met any of our family yet, which, according to Josh, is starting to not sit well with her and her family. Understandably.

I don't know that much about Aileen, aside from what Josh has told me. Not having talked to my brother about girls much in the past, it feels awkward to ask about her. I only know that she is Philippino, has a lot of younger sisters and bad knees, and is "really, really nice" and "happy most of the time, no matter what." I haven't seen any pictures of her. I'm not sure what to expect.

I understand my brother's worries about introducing her to the parents. After all, his sister's brought home less than half of her boyfriends...