1.10.2003

Since I graduated college, I've met more friends than I met in all my years in college.

I don't try that hard with most people. They enter and exit my life as they please. I stand with open arms, but I hardly ever give chase.

Today is Eric's birthday.

There are few people I've ever worked as hard to dispel their preconceived ideas about who I am... even fewer that I've tried to win back into my life.

I met Eric in the summer of 2000. He was immediately interesting. I hadn't met anyone else before then who seemed to place an equal amount of value on certain aesthetics as I did. He teemed with potential that seemed to be hidden from others, maybe even himself, but not from me...

A couple months later, during a 24hr trip to Vegas, I'd managed to drink myself into a pleasant stupor... unpleasant for the others, especially for Eric, who was my designated carrier for the night. At one point, I must've been falling when Eric grabbed and held me in front of him...

A moment happened. A moment that was burned into my mind for a long time, until other moments were burned on top of it. It caught me completely off guard. He was staring into my eyes... eyes that could hardly focus back... were suddenly locked into a moment of crazy, profound connection and a rush of heat and euphoria. I felt as if he was looking into my soul and touching it with genuine care and the gentlest and sweetest of caresses... What??? How??? Why???

Two years later... I give alcohol all the credit. For that moment and all of my moments.

...kidding...

Today is Eric's birthday... and we're all going out tonite to celebrate.

Bottoms up, and twenty-five spanks for the birthday boy-no-more! :P