1.16.2003

Purge. My collection of things is in constant state of purgence. I like to purge. No, not binge-and-purge. It's all about efficiency, conciseness, minimalism, and per-need basis. I enjoy having a few key, high-value things. I get a thrill out of getting rid of everything else, giving things away, selling things.... old, useless things, gifts which have lost or never had sentimental value, things that aren't representative of my current taste or personality, things that remind me of things I'd rather forget...

Must regularly get rid of these things, in case someone comes to new conclusions about me based on the things in my possession. Kinda like cleaning up my history... as soon after it's created as possible. Editing. Fastidiously. Out, out damn spot!

There's one thing in today's pile-to-purge that I'm not sure whether to keep or not. I bought a CD at the end of '99 just for this song. I've bought less than twenty CDs in my lifetime; I'm not sure what was thinking back then... (Was I crazy in-love, or what?) It absolutely pains me now to listen to the CD. The sap is waaaaay too sthicky! *shudder* Alrightee, it's been decided. To Goodwill it goes!

A picture may be worth a thousand words. But a song is worth at least a million words used to describe an emotion that a thousand pictures could only hope to express.

You may quote me on that!