1.01.2003

Just watched Swingers for the first time. I'd always suspected I'd never seen the movie before, but every time I picked it up off the shelf at Blockbuster, my ex back then would say, "We've seen that already." I never really believed him, but wasn't absolutely certain I hadn't either, and didn't wanna argue...

Swingers is a movie about relationships that I would recommend to the few of you who haven't aleady seen it.

There's this one line in the movie, something like, "I haven't figured out yet what the avantages are of being single."

It's funny how being single seems to have many obvious advantages when you are not single, and you wonder why sad single people can't see those advantages and feel more fortunate in their situations. But when you actually are single, those advantages suddenly become hard to find, or they hardly seem to be advantages at all, really...