1.01.2003

I'm so tired right now. I can tell because I've got god-awful darkish-purplish bags under my eyes, and my eyes hurt like I haven't slept enough.

But otherwise, I can't tell I'm tired because I've been hyped up on Prednisone. It's crazy powerful stuff. Third day on it, and my skin is showing improvement beyond my expectations. I went to the gym yesterday, and felt like I was on Ripped Fuel all over again. Prednisone also makes one retain a lot of water, so I'm visibly bloated.

My mom was on Prednisone for two years after she had a bone marrow transplant. She had "moonface" due to the severe water retention. She also had serious insomnia.

I'm considering tapering off my dosage at a faster rate than the doctor prescribed. He said 3 pills for 4 days, 2 for 4, 1 for 4. I've already had 3 for 2 days, and I'm thinking of starting 2 for 3 days tomorrow, and 1 for 4 days after that...