1.30.2003

I got it! I just got a referral from my PCP to see a dermatologist on Feb 11.

I've wanted to see a dermatologist for years, but haven't been able to afford consultation fees or treatment. And I haven't had a good enough reason to get a referral until now... thanks to these latest scars on my face left behind by the poison oak rash. The scars aren't all that noticeable, but I figured now's my best chance to get a referral, if ever.

I'd heard it's hard to get referrals for these types of things. So I was ready to break down in front of the doctor, beg and explain why I really really need to fix my face NOW, not later... because bad skin has haunted me all my life, and I'm getting old, and I'm single, and I need to look my best now or never because I'm ready to start dating again, and I don't want to miss the boat and end up a lonely old woman... please please help me please! Shamelessly, and at the risk of being considered way too vain.

Luckily, it didn't come to that. Now we get to see what magic the dermatologist can perform on my face...