12.24.2002

Tonite, in celebration of Christmas Eve, our family (mom, dad, bro, and I) had Peking duck, ginger and scallion crab, mustard greens with special broth, house special pan-fried noodles, and beef with scallion soup at ABC Seafood Restaurant.

As usual, I was quite hesitant to get in the backseat of the car and let my dad drive us all down. Paranoia, man... but well-founded paranoia.

My dad drives aggressively and brakes hard. He exceeds 80mph on the freeway, even at night, quickly making his way into the fastlane, where he tailgates like mad. He freaks me out. And I let him know... "Dad! Don't ride up so close!!" "Dad, watch out!!" ... as my life flashes before my eyes...

Why isn't my dad a typical, passive and safe, albeit over-cautious and slowass, 61-year-old Asian male driver?