12.18.2002

Cmas is short for Christmas. I don't say or write xmas because it seems a little too self-consciously, blatantly anti-Christian.

Though I'm not a Christian, I think x-ing out the "Christ" in Christmas is a too conspicuously/deliberately rebellious or overboard religio-phobic. I mean, if I managed to become great or do something great enough to have a day named after myself, it'd be a slap in the face (even after I died) if people started calling it X-day just to shorten it, or to avoid having to say my name (it isn't that long), or just so's not to come across as non-pc...

Well... I guess if whatever I did or whoever I became to have a day named after me really didn't sit right with some people's beliefs, I'd excuse their use of X-day.

If Christianity is right, and the Calvinists, those of the Reformed doctrine, and others who believe in Predestination are right, then sometime between now and the day I die, I will either be compelled or not be compelled to become a Christian. It's in my best interests to just sit back and relax, like so, until compelled or until death... since it's entirely out of my control whether I'm saved or not.

If Christianity is right, and the believers of Freewill are right, and God sincerely wishes all of mankind to be saved, then sometime between now and the day I die, God should reveal himself to me in such a big way that the choice to become a Christian will obviously be in my best interests.

We'll see what happens...