2.19.2004

The whole process of choosing and buying a new Dell laptop is excrutiating. (Maybe even moreso right now 'cuz it's PMS week for me.) I simply go to the Dell website, and I'm already frustrated.

I'm probably going to get the D600. After spec'ing it out for my needs and wants, the total cost is around $1800... which I'm not at all happy about. I was prepared to spend around $1400, and no more.

It might take me many more days to accept that price or accept a lesser laptop. I thought I was already going with a relatively bare-bones machine. But what do I really know about these things? I've asked Babe for help in figuring out a configuration that's best for me and my budget. And I've been waiting for special offers to land in my inbox. They expire before I can make a decision whether to buy or wait for a better deal. It's a bitch.

I think I'm still not ready to spend such a big amount of money on anything. The most I've ever spent on a material good is the $700 I spent on the bed. That was a seriously painful purchase, but I've been raving about that bed since.

Why couldn't I have been a trust fund kid?