10.28.2003

I've been watching Extreme Makeover. I always cringe and "ewww" and shield my eyes when during the surgery room scenes. It's fascinating how much of a positive difference plastic surgery can make in the people's looks and lives. Now, whenever I see new faces, I automatically imagine how they can be surgically enhanced.

Watching the show made me seriously consider having minor laser resurfacing done on my face to possibly get rid of the scars left behind by the poison oak rashes and acne in previous years. I'm just about out of debt and feel like I owe myself a nice, vainly girly reward. Something more than monthly pedicures from now on.

So I had a consultation with a dermatologist last week, and she told me that laser treatment on my face would be overkill and not very helpful. Goshdarnit. Of course, she wouldn't let me leave the office without her recommending laser hair removal for my armpits and anywhere else I'd like hair permanently removed.

So I got my armpits zapped this morning. It hurt quite a bit. But the pain was fleeting. I'm supposed to go in two more times, 5 and 10 weeks from now. For the price I paid for three treatments, they better work!