9.15.2003

I still think it's cool and amazing how you can write a whole history of feelings within music.

Instead of writing your feelings out on paper or even making your own music about them, you can imprint them quite permanently on the music you happen to be listening to at the time you feel them.

Music has been a most reliable medium for complete and accurate recording of feelings. For many people, I guess. Definitely for me.

Now, if I wanted to access feelings from a specific time last year, all I'd have to do is put on a CD that I was listening to heavily around that time of year... and BAM! It's like being at a live concert with my own feelings on stage.

I imagine that if, suddenly, my life was devoid of music for a period of time, I'd forget so much of my feelings history during that time in the days that follow. I must never be without music, then.