3.25.2003

When was the last time you loved someone so much that you thought you would physically die from the pain that you felt because you could not have that person?

A pretty darn long time ago for me... when the walls of my heart were yet young and tender and soft as pudding. It was when I could find all the wretched, rueful, self-pitiful, longing, wasting feelings that I felt embodied so perfectly within the lines and tunes of the sorrowful love songs that were playing on K101. I'd sit alone and tortured in the car listening to these songs, my only truly empathetic friends... every heart-twisting emotion so explicity shared between us...

When did I stop being able to listen to love songs? A pretty darn long time ago too... around the time I realized it never gets as good as they sing, but it gets as bad and helluva lot worse than they sing.

Love songs are for fools. Most of them suck anyhow. And even the best can't hold a candle to the other types of music out there.

Power ballads work for me.