1.20.2003

I've watched all three episodes of Joe Millionaire so far... which may be surprising to you, depending on how misogynistic you think I really am.

Seeing women go on dates with Joe kinda made me feel like I haven't been on enough dates. Though I feel I've had my fair share of boyfriends, I haven't really been on many dates. At least not the kind in which two people, who may hardly know each other, try to get acquainted for the sole purpose of possibly becoming a couple...

And I've never been won over by a romantic, heart-fluttering date. I sincerely don't recall ever going on an established "date" with someone I wasn't already interested in, that didn't turn into a relationship or a fling soon after. I went on a blind date once back in high school. But even that wasn't a real date; I just attended an event with a couple and their single guy friend, who was about as exciting as two hours of church.

Maybe a lot of the time, what the guy thinks is an actual date, I consider just a regular dinner or activity. Dunno if that's simply because the guys are cheap and easy, and/or they think I am cheap and easy. And I dunno that I'd wanna date just to date... Isn't my life full of enough guys already?

How frequently does the average single female go on a typical date? Maybe I'm not missing much at all...