10.31.2002

At times like this, I really wish I knew people other than the people I know.

I've reached the point where I feel I've gotten all I can and want out of the people I already know. I want to meet new people.... new people to turn into my regular friends, with whom to do the things I naturally and genuinely like to do. I haven't made the effort to meet new people who aren't somehow connected to people I already know. Why haven't I? Maybe because I've been more or less satisfied with my current often-mellow-and-boring collection. Maybe because I'm not sure where to or how to pick up new, more interesting friends. Maybe I'm just shy and lazy. Or maybe I'm waiting for someone to want to go along with me into a crowd of strangers...

I'd like to meet people who inspire me to be more than who/what I already am. I really don't know many people like that right now, if any. I expect that when I meet new people, some insecurities will come back... I will realize how boring and unoriginal I have become myself. I'd have to work on not letting that discourage me or make me feel unworthy of more colorful and stimulating friends and acquaintances. Should just stick my neck out, get myself out there... But out where exactly? Should I do some research and some pre-work on myself before I can expect to meet and befriend these new people? Ugh. Probably. I'll think about this again later...