10.30.2002

I'm pms-ing. I'm moody. And I'm gaining weight.

Jennie the workout-a-holic... where is she now? Where is my motivation to exercise? I had it 6 months ago... Back then, getting out of the house and having something to do on my own was enough motivation. The skimpy clothes of summer and the places one went in those skimpy clothes was sometimes motivation too. What could/would motivate me now?

What do I need to look "better" for anyway? It's not like I'm unhealthy or un-fit or chubby... yet. It's not like I want more attention or need any compliments about my body. It's not like I'm trying to attract a partner right now. It's not like I'm going to meet and miss "Mr. Right" tomorrow because I happened to have a bad-hair-day or a bad-body-day...

Oh, I know... I'd like to be invited to a few company holiday parties this year. I might not be invited, or I won't want to go, won't want to get into an expensive, form-fitting, fancy-schmancy gown, if I look/feel dumpy... So I'll try to make getting invited to as many holiday parties as possible my motivation. I love to get all dressed up.

I tried to make dressing up for Halloween a short-term motivator earlier this month... It didn't work. Another year will go by without me dressing up for the occasion... but oh well. Many more...