10.03.2003

We played poker again last night. They've got a two-night-a-week thing going on now.

I've been seriously pokered out for almost a month now. Haven't really wanted to play, but end up going through the motions without much enjoyment.

At first glance, you might think I haven't been so keen about poker lately because I haven't been getting the cards for weeks. But it's more than that. The thing is, I'm playing like shit, I know it, and I haven't taken any steps to change it.

Everyone's playing a lot looser now. So I'm supposed to be betting more aggressively, but I haven't been. That's hard for me to do, and I haven't even resolved to try harder. I just don't really feel like pokering away my freetime and money anymore.

I think I'm just tired of doing the same thing with the same people all the time, and despite spending all those hours with them, not feeling as if I'm developing closer or more meaningful relationships with them. Sometimes it seems as if they don't really give a shit about my life outside of poker, and they're happy to see me just because I add another sucker to the table.